instaunlagged v1.2
OscartheGrouch
2003-09-04 22:45:08 UTC
Anyone know where I can find this? TIA
n***@no.no.na.net
2003-09-04 23:53:41 UTC
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:45:08 -0700, "OscartheGrouch"
Post by OscartheGrouch
Anyone know where I can find this? TIA
//////////////////
Saw this:
http://forums.digitaldelay.net/viewtopic.php?t=77
"...
PARADOX
Creator/Developer

Joined: 26 Aug 2002
Location: South Florida 1.2 Now Client-Side!

After testing, it has been realized that the new unlagged code
will not work correctly without its client-side counterpart. So,
InstaUnlagged 1.2 will be a client-side mod!

I decided a long time ago, that if I ever went client-side with
InstaUnlagged I would not be cheap and that I would go all out.
Therefore I will be adding many new features and rewriting a lot
of the InstaUnlagged code. A lot of which will be undoing some of
the shortcuts I took because of the server-side only limitations
I once had.

However, because everyone has been waiting so long, I will be
releasing version 1.2 very shortly, with a client-side that has
nothing more than the Unlagged code added to it. As soon as 1.2
has been released, I will begin working on version 1.3 of
InstaUnlagged, which will contain the real client-side.

As a beta test, the IU 1.2 server is running the new version that
requires a client-side. This does not mean you cannot play there,
just that you have to download the client-side pak first. There
are actually two ways to do this:

Connect to the server with autodownload on.

Download the client-side zip:
http://jaggededge.clanjag.com/downloads/IU12Beta-Client.zip and
extract it into your Quake 3 Folder.

The file is only 98KB, so autodownloading it from the server
while connecting only takes about 30 seconds; and thats probably
the best option.

I expect a plethora of comments to this, but to answer your
question: No there will not be a server-side only version of 1.2.

P.S. The new unlagged with client-side is actually quite nice!

-Aaron (a.k.a) Paradox
OscartheGrouch
2003-09-05 01:15:03 UTC
Post by OscartheGrouch
[...]
Well, I'll stick with my version 1.0 I believe it is for now. But one quick
question, I have insta_railjumping set to 1 (on server) but no one can rail
jump. What am I missing here?
n***@no.no.na.net
2003-09-05 22:19:28 UTC
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:15:03 -0700, "OscartheGrouch"
~~~~~~~~~~snip~~~~~~~~~~
Post by OscartheGrouch
Post by n***@no.no.na.net
//////////////////
http://forums.digitaldelay.net/viewtopic.php?t=77
Well, I'll stick with my version 1.0 I believe it is for now. But one quick
question, I have insta_railjumping set to 1 (on server) but no one can rail
jump. What am I missing here?
///////////////////////////////
Dunno, check these (on most of 'railjump' servers;
I can hardly jump like the others. I put it to the 100 plus ping
and less than 50 fps (flakey phone lines keep messing with the
adsl) :

set insta_selfknockback 100
set insta_staticSelfKnockback 1
OscartheGrouch
2003-09-08 20:02:42 UTC
Well, I have all those variables set but there is still no railjumping. In
the online docs I bting up I just get "insta_railjumping" with no
description of the variable or settings, like all the other variables. Any
other clues? I get these clients who get on and just say, "what, no
railjumping?" and leave. I'm one of them, I'd like to get it turned on
myself but it ain't happening.
Post by n***@no.no.na.net
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:15:03 -0700, "OscartheGrouch"
~~~~~~~~~~snip~~~~~~~~~~
Post by OscartheGrouch
//////////////////
rich
2003-09-08 23:17:44 UTC
Post by OscartheGrouch
Well, I have all those variables set but there is still no railjumping. In
the online docs I bting up I just get "insta_railjumping" with no
description of the variable or settings, like all the other variables. Any
other clues? I get these clients who get on and just say, "what, no
railjumping?" and leave. I'm one of them, I'd like to get it turned on
myself but it ain't happening.
I use the following and railjump works fine for me.

set insta_railjumping 1
set insta_selfknockback 100

But I'm using InstaUnlagged v1.1, so you might try v1.1 if you
have no luck.

rich...
OscartheGrouch
2003-09-09 00:08:41 UTC
Post by rich
Post by OscartheGrouch
Well, I have all those variables set but there is still no railjumping. In
the online docs I bting up I just get "insta_railjumping" with no
description of the variable or settings, like all the other variables. Any
other clues? I get these clients who get on and just say, "what, no
railjumping?" and leave. I'm one of them, I'd like to get it turned on
myself but it ain't happening.
I use the following and railjump works fine for me.
set insta_railjumping 1
set insta_selfknockback 100
But I'm using InstaUnlagged v1.1, so you might try v1.1 if you
have no luck.
rich...
Yeah, that's my problem. I have insta_railjumping 1
amd insta_selfknockback set to 100 in my server.cfg and no one can rail
jump. I think I gotta go find 1.1 because I'm guessing now that I have an
earlier version than 1.1 and maybe railjumping didn't work in earlier
version. Maybe.?./.?

ou know where I can find 1.1 BTW?
OscartheGrouch