I CAN win!
Todd
2009-01-22 21:22:57 UTC
One death in four matches against bots in "I can win". CTF, three
caps. No caps for them. The only cheat I'm using is "give all".

Is there a "no item" type mutator? Er, Quake doesn't use "mutators",
does it, just mods. You know, where everybody starts out with the
same selection of weapons and armor? I probably have it, just haven't
installed it. Would a Q3 mutator be compatible with Team Arena? I
like the extra weapons TA gives.

Maybe it's time to up it to "Bring it on!" That's the next
difficulty, right? Oh, wait, it's "Don't hurt me".

Anybody know how Q3 difficulties compare to Unreal Tournament?
Thomas J
2009-01-23 03:11:51 UTC
Post by Todd
One death in four matches against bots in "I can win". CTF, three
caps. No caps for them. The only cheat I'm using is "give all".
Is there a "no item" type mutator? Er, Quake doesn't use "mutators",
does it, just mods. You know, where everybody starts out with the
same selection of weapons and armor? I probably have it, just haven't
installed it. Would a Q3 mutator be compatible with Team Arena? I
like the extra weapons TA gives.
Maybe it's time to up it to "Bring it on!" That's the next
difficulty, right? Oh, wait, it's "Don't hurt me".
Anybody know how Q3 difficulties compare to Unreal Tournament?
Instead of mutators exactly, you might make some modifications to the game
via the console. If you havent already, changing the FOV setting (/cg_fov)
from the standard 90 to something like 110 or even 120, will most likely
speed the game up and may inately show you how to excel in the later levels.

Strafe jumping around the map will also do this - the faster you move
through the map, the faster your reaction time will be and the less
opposition the regular bots will be able to give you. Note that on
Nightmare level, the bots can adapt to the speed and can mid-air rocket you
whilst you are bouncing around! Which is what you want from a bot of that
class.

I dont think you can strafe jump in UT> so its a different type of play imo.
GL =-

~