custom skin not showing to other players
yerk5
2009-05-04 18:20:48 UTC
Im about to get a LAN party going on with coworkers. I'm kind of new
to Q3. I downloaded some custom skins but when I test them on my home
LAN, they don't work out quite right.

So I have computer A and computer B. Computer A is the one with the
skin. On B, I turn on "Automatic Downloading" in game options. I then
start a server on B. A joins (using the skin). But for some reason B
doesnt see the A player's skin, just a default skin. Even weirder is
that A sees the B player using the custom skin that A should be using!
Then it gets even weirder still... after the first kill, both players
see each other as the same skin which is whatever player B is using.
Um, what?

Anyone have any ideas? I just want to show off my slick custom skin to
everyone on game night.

TIA for any ideas.
Erik Max Francis
2009-05-04 20:30:46 UTC
Post by yerk5
Im about to get a LAN party going on with coworkers. I'm kind of new
to Q3. I downloaded some custom skins but when I test them on my home
LAN, they don't work out quite right.
So I have computer A and computer B. Computer A is the one with the
skin. On B, I turn on "Automatic Downloading" in game options. I then
start a server on B. A joins (using the skin). But for some reason B
doesnt see the A player's skin, just a default skin. Even weirder is
that A sees the B player using the custom skin that A should be using!
Then it gets even weirder still... after the first kill, both players
see each other as the same skin which is whatever player B is using.
Um, what?
Anyone have any ideas? I just want to show off my slick custom skin to
everyone on game night.
You'll have to put the custom skin packs on the server, not just the
client where you want to see them. "Automatic Downloading" means that
assets will be automatically downloaded from the server to clients where
it's not present, not the other way around.
--
Erik Max Francis && ***@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
San Jose, CA, USA && 37 18 N 121 57 W && AIM, Y!M, Skype erikmaxfrancis