Visor can rocket jump onto the bridge
Skybuck Flying
2011-09-16 17:07:04 UTC
Wow,

I just saw something quite amazing.

I just started the game and was on the bridge of the second demo map and
getting a rocket launcher.

I turn around over looking the bridge... and there suddenly visor rocket
jumps upto the bridge and lands on the bridge... and I shot him straight in
the body...

And I was like: "Holyshit what he doing up here ?" It seems like a perfect
rocket jump and smooth and soft landing too..

I was like wow... : "I didn't know they can rocket jump like that... and so
perfectly too"... it was amazing and also very early in the game... so who
he got that rocket launcher so fast gjez ?! ;) :)

Sometimes I wonder if maybe somebody else is secretly playing visor but
probably not ! ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck =D
sittingduck
2011-09-16 17:29:46 UTC
Post by Skybuck Flying
Wow,
I just saw something quite amazing.
I just started the game and was on the bridge of the second demo map and
getting a rocket launcher.
I turn around over looking the bridge... and there suddenly visor rocket
jumps upto the bridge and lands on the bridge... and I shot him straight
in the body...
And I was like: "Holyshit what he doing up here ?" It seems like a
perfect rocket jump and smooth and soft landing too..
I was like wow... : "I didn't know they can rocket jump like that... and
so perfectly too"... it was amazing and also very early in the game...
so who he got that rocket launcher so fast gjez ?! ;) :)
Sometimes I wonder if maybe somebody else is secretly playing visor but
probably not ! ;) :)
seta bot_challenge "1"
seta bot_rocketjump "1"
seta bot_visualizejumppads "1"
set g_spSkill "5"
McG.
set g_spSkill "5"
sittingduck
2011-09-21 03:38:04 UTC
Post by McG.
Post by sittingduck
seta bot_challenge "1"
seta bot_rocketjump "1"
seta bot_visualizejumppads "1"
set g_spSkill "5"
*SNAGGED* that one! Popped it in for a few botmatch .cfg's!
McG. :-)
They wont rocket jump very often, but that variable seems to help...
--
If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you’re gonna get selfish, ignorant
leaders. -George Carlin
ImperiusDamian
2011-10-01 21:53:43 UTC
Post by sittingduck
Post by McG.
Post by sittingduck
seta bot_challenge "1"
seta bot_rocketjump "1"
seta bot_visualizejumppads "1"
set g_spSkill "5"
*SNAGGED* that one! Popped it in for a few botmatch .cfg's!
McG. :-)
They wont rocket jump very often, but that variable seems to help...
I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a Q3 bot rocket-jump. On the other
hand, I don't play at the higher skill levels either. Too rusty to
survive and let's face it I was never that great at it to begin with. ;)
--
ImperiusDamian
http://damiansdominion.byethost7.com
http://damiansdominion.byethost7.com/diablo/gemstone.php
McG.
2011-10-10 16:04:32 UTC
Post by ImperiusDamian
Post by sittingduck
Post by McG.
Post by sittingduck
seta bot_challenge "1"
seta bot_rocketjump "1"
seta bot_visualizejumppads "1"
set g_spSkill "5"
*SNAGGED* that one! Popped it in for a few botmatch .cfg's!
McG. :-)
They wont rocket jump very often, but that variable seems to help...
I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a Q3 bot rocket-jump. On the other
hand, I don't play at the higher skill levels either. Too rusty to survive
and let's face it I was never that great at it to begin with. ;)
--
ImperiusDamian
You might have to tweak some of their skill set numbers in their individual
files to get some of them to do it. I have seen Sarge and Xaero do it.
But never seen Klesk or Crash do it. There are plenty of variables to play
with in each skill set, and I've made them do some weird things. And made
even Crash untouchable. But that gets old quick. Heh!
McG.
ImperiusDamian
2011-10-13 22:42:47 UTC
Post by McG.
Post by ImperiusDamian
Post by sittingduck
Post by sittingduck
[...]
Haha! Nice!
I've tweaked the arena script to add different bots and change the
fraglimits but I haven't actually messed with the bots themselves.

I actually defeated a botmatch on Nightmare for the FIRST TIME EVER. LOL!

It was Crash, Lamer, Homer and Supertech (yes, the 'official' Lamerkatz
Lamer bot, and Supertech from the old AGQx skin pack :P ) on Q3DM0 and I
actually beat 'em. LOL!
McG.
2011-10-22 16:46:26 UTC
Post by ImperiusDamian
Post by McG.
Post by ImperiusDamian
Post by sittingduck
Post by sittingduck
[...]
I ain't gonna lie to ya, I play on "I can Win" quite a bit. Makes me feel
good sometimes to finish up a Q3CTF4 with my side 10, their side 0. But on
a bad day I finish with 10 and them with 8 or 9! ;-)
McG.