Some "I can win" bots only have 50 health?
Todd
2009-04-19 07:30:29 UTC
I started up an "I can win" level game today, and spectated one of my
teammates before joining the game. I noticed his health dropped to 50
points, and there wasn't even anyone shooting at him.

And yet, I'm lucky if I can frag an opponent with the default amount
of bullets. They're dodging like they know where I'm shooting.

And I suddenly realized that they're faster than me. I was heading
for a gun or something, and a teammate beat me to it, even though he
must have come from behind me.

While in Unreal Tournament, on average (second difficulty, after
novice), I can win the game with only one death in maybe five matches.
And the bots never cap in ctf to a score of three. (Domination is
another matter, because my bots are morons.)

On experienced (third difficulty), in an unfamiliar map, the opposing
bots can often cap before I can find my base.
EvilBill
2009-04-19 16:23:10 UTC
Post by Todd
I started up an "I can win" level game today, and spectated one of my
teammates before joining the game. I noticed his health dropped to 50
points, and there wasn't even anyone shooting at him.
Bots on the lower difficulties have lower health. That includes both
your team mates and your opponents. On "I Can Win", they start with the
regular 125 IIRC and drop to 50. I think it's only once you get to the
third or fourth difficulty that they have the same health as you do.