Q3A video resolution problemo
McG.
2012-05-19 03:53:04 UTC
Hey guys, seems I WAS playing Q3A in my LCD monitors native res, 1920 x 1200
for quite a while. Now suddenly it's NOT wanting to give me any resolution
in that aspect ratio at all, and it's way too dark. Those would be the
full screen OGL modes. If I play in a window it's bright enough but not
nearly as playable.
Any way to force it to run in 1920x1200?
TIA!
McG.
sittingduck
2012-05-19 07:38:03 UTC
Post by McG.
Hey guys, seems I WAS playing Q3A in my LCD monitors native res, 1920 x
1200 for quite a while. Now suddenly it's NOT wanting to give me any
resolution in that aspect ratio at all, and it's way too dark. Those
would be the full screen OGL modes. If I play in a window it's bright
enough but not nearly as playable.
Any way to force it to run in 1920x1200?
seta r_mode "-1" <----- this is the main thing
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customheight "1200"
OscartheGrouch
2012-05-22 06:13:53 UTC
Post by McG.
Hey guys, seems I WAS playing Q3A in my LCD monitors native res, 1920 x
1200 for quite a while. Now suddenly it's NOT wanting to give me any
resolution in that aspect ratio at all, and it's way too dark. Those
would be the full screen OGL modes. If I play in a window it's bright
enough but not nearly as playable.
Any way to force it to run in 1920x1200?
seta r_mode "-1"<----- this is the main thing
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customheight "1200"
Hey ducky, where you playing these days? I've just gotten back into
quakelive, mostly ffa in Seattle or instagib wherever I can find it.
sittingduck
2012-05-22 07:20:53 UTC
Post by OscartheGrouch
Hey ducky, where you playing these days? I've just gotten back into
quakelive, mostly ffa in Seattle or instagib wherever I can find it.
I play open arena occasionally. At digichalk. Haven't fired up quake live for
ages... I'll set it back up and keep an eye out for ya.
McG.
2012-05-23 20:43:35 UTC
Post by sittingduck
Post by OscartheGrouch
Hey ducky, where you playing these days? I've just gotten back into
quakelive, mostly ffa in Seattle or instagib wherever I can find it.
I play open arena occasionally. At digichalk. Haven't fired up quake live for
ages... I'll set it back up and keep an eye out for ya.
You guys see where you can play all the Quakes on Steam now?
McG.
McG.
2012-05-23 20:42:46 UTC
Post by sittingduck
Post by McG.
Hey guys, seems I WAS playing Q3A in my LCD monitors native res, 1920 x
1200 for quite a while. Now suddenly it's NOT wanting to give me any
resolution in that aspect ratio at all, and it's way too dark. Those
would be the full screen OGL modes. If I play in a window it's bright
enough but not nearly as playable.
Any way to force it to run in 1920x1200?
seta r_mode "-1" <----- this is the main thing
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customheight "1200"
That gave me the resolution in full screen. I guess I gotta open the
console to see the actual dimensions it used . Just to be sure! thanks!
McG.
sittingduck
2012-05-23 20:33:16 UTC
Post by McG.
Post by sittingduck
seta r_mode "-1" <----- this is the main thing
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customheight "1200"
That gave me the resolution in full screen. I guess I gotta open the
console to see the actual dimensions it used . Just to be sure! thanks!
McG.
You're welcome! Happy fragging.

I don't do Steam.
Wesley Hearn
2012-08-05 05:50:12 UTC
Post by McG.
Hey guys, seems I WAS playing Q3A in my LCD monitors native res, 1920 x
1200 for quite a while. Now suddenly it's NOT wanting to give me any
resolution in that aspect ratio at all, and it's way too dark. Those
would be the full screen OGL modes. If I play in a window it's bright
enough but not nearly as playable.
Any way to force it to run in 1920x1200?
TIA!
McG.
Did you try setting the custom mode?

r_mode -1
r_customwidth 1920
r_customheight 1200
McG.
2012-10-23 12:58:48 UTC
Post by Wesley Hearn
Post by McG.
Hey guys, seems I WAS playing Q3A in my LCD monitors native res, 1920 x
1200 for quite a while. Now suddenly it's NOT wanting to give me any
resolution in that aspect ratio at all, and it's way too dark. Those
would be the full screen OGL modes. If I play in a window it's bright
enough but not nearly as playable.
Any way to force it to run in 1920x1200?
TIA!
McG.
Did you try setting the custom mode?
r_mode -1
r_customwidth 1920
r_customheight 1200
Yeah, that got it stretched all out of whack. Will keep at it. I'm sure
it's something I did wrong in the config file.
McG.
Chicken
2012-10-24 05:58:08 UTC
Post by McG.
Hey guys, seems I WAS playing Q3A in my LCD monitors native res, 1920 x 1200
for quite a while. Now suddenly it's NOT wanting to give me any resolution
in that aspect ratio at all, and it's way too dark. Those would be the
full screen OGL modes. If I play in a window it's bright enough but not
nearly as playable.
Any way to force it to run in 1920x1200?
TIA!
McG.
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customheight "1200"

vid_restart
--
Posted by Mimo Usenet Browser v0.2.5
http://www.mimousenet.com/mimo/post
McG.
2012-11-06 12:02:53 UTC
Post by sittingduck
Post by McG.
Hey guys, seems I WAS playing Q3A in my LCD monitors native res, 1920 x 1200
for quite a while. Now suddenly it's NOT wanting to give me any resolution
in that aspect ratio at all, and it's way too dark. Those would be the
full screen OGL modes. If I play in a window it's bright enough but not
nearly as playable.
Any way to force it to run in 1920x1200?
TIA!
McG.
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customheight "1200"
vid_restart
It worked! Gee whiz then a week later the monitor died! ARGH
McG. :-(